Upgrade to version 2015.01.07

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ciprian Popovici
    Participant

Hello
    We are using with success SPEasyForms version 2014.01 on SharePoint 2010.
    I want to upgrade to version 2015.01.07. Please provide me the steps to upgrade to the latest version.

Thank you very much
    Appreciate your help

Joe McShea
    Keymaster

Hello,

The upgrade process isn’t hard:

1. Go to Site Settings -> Solution Gallery.
    2. De-activate the SPEasyForms sandbox solution.
    3. Upload the new version (overwriting the old).
    4. Activate the SPEasyForms solution.

That’s all there is to it, but of course the devil is in the details. I have had to change the SPEasyForms configuration file format over the years in order to accomodate new features. In general, SPEasyForms will automatically upgrade any older formats to the latest format whenever it loads the settings for a list.

Now I haven’t actually upgraded a 2014.xx verstion to 2015.xx in a couple of years, so you might run into issues with this configuration file upgrade that I’m not aware of. So ideally, after upgrading the sandbox solution as described above, you should visit each list that has been configured with SPEasyForms, go into the SPEasyForms editor, confirm that everything looks OK, and then save the upgraded configuration.

If there are list configurations that don’t work correctly after upgrading, the worst case scenario is that you might have to reconfigure those lists from scratch, but you can also send me the configuration files if you like and I’ll see if I can identify the problem and fix it.

Best of luck,
    Joe

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Joe McShea.
    Joe McShea
    Keymaster

I should have added that if you have the AddOns solution for SPEasyForms installed, you should also deactivate it and delete it. I no longer use an addons package for hot fixes; too many people just never downloaded it and then would report issues that had already been fixed. And having the AddOns package installed theoretically should be mostly harmless, but it will slow things down a little and theoretically could conflict with 2015.xx.

Joe

Ciprian Popovici
    Participant

Hello
    Thank you very much for your quick response.

A have installed the new version. It’s working fine, but I have a little difference in functionality between old version and new one. It’s about the containers. When they are opened the focus jump to the top of the form. In the old version when I click on a tab or accordion or other type of container the focus stay on the opened container. I have a list with many fields grouped on containers and when one container that it’s down on the form it’s open the focus jump to the beginning of the form and I have to scroll down again to the clicked container.
    It’s this a normal behavior? I have installed the 2015.01.07 version on the fresh test server and it’s work the same.
    I hope I made myself understand.

Thanks again

Joe McShea
    Keymaster

Is this on the SharePoint form, or on the SPEasyForms editor page?

Joe

Joe McShea
    Keymaster

Never mind, I understand what you’re saying now. I don’t know that I would say it’s the expected behavior, but rather a side affect of changes I made when I switched to nested containers. I usually only have one container open at a time, so I don’t notice it, but I can see how that would be annoying. I’ll look at it when I can and see how hard it would be to stop doing that.

Joe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top